Dryer Vent Squad wants to help protect you from house fires
Every year, nearly 350,000 house fires damage property, cause injuries, and even take the lives of friends and family members. While we can’t put out a fire caused by an attempt to make a Thanksgiving turkey, Dryer Vent Squad can keep your dryer vents clean. Our dryer vent cleaning services eliminate buildup in your dryer vent, reducing the chance of a fire starting from a clogged dryer vent.
Reduce the Risk of Dryer Fire
The National Fire Protection Agency reports 92% of fires involving washers and dryers are caused by dryers. These fires caused annual averages of 13 civilian deaths, 444 civilian injuries, and $238 million in direct property damage. The number one reason dryer fires start is failure to clean dryer vent lines. Dryer lint is the most common source of ignition. The risk of fire is equal in gas-fueled dryers and electric dryers. Lint buildup even occurs in energy-efficient dryers.
As lint collects in the dryer vent system, the dryer can overheat, throw a spark, and cause a fire. It’s terrifying that something so simple could be so deadly. In order to decrease your risk of a dryer fire, leading manufacturers recommend professional dryer vent, duct cleaning, and inspection once per year. By adding our professional dryer vent cleaning to your yearly checklist, you can help improve your dryer vent fire safety and reduce the risk of dryer fire by removing the main source of ignition from your home.
Our technicians use specialized tools and equipment to ensure your dryer vent line is as clean and safe. We remove all excess lint, animal nests, and other debris that could cause a fire. Following an inspection of your line, our technicians may make other recommendations to increase your dryer safety, such as installing a booster fan in lines that exceed 25 feet (without bends) or installing pest-proof vent covers at termination points.
Clear your clogged dryer vent today
Request an appointment today or call us to learn more about how we can reduce your risk of dryer fire.